<$BlogRSDUrl$>

A Weblog monitoring coverage of environmental issues and science in the UK media. By Professor Emeritus Philip Stott. The aim is to assess whether a subject is being fairly covered by press, radio, and television. Above all, the Weblog will focus on science, but not just on poor science. It will also bring to public notice good science that is being ignored because it may be politically inconvenient.

Monday, November 17, 2003

Climates of Opinion (with thanks to Winnie-the-Pooh).....

A Climate Change Ditty

by

A Human of Little Brain (with deep apologies to Winnie-the-Pooh, who has more fluff than to worry about 'Global Warming'. A little something, now - that is serious!).

"On Monday, when the sun is hot,
I wonder CO2, or not?
Does cosmic ray flux do the lot?
I really don't know what is what!"

"On Tuesday, when it hails and snows,
Milankovitch will curl my toes!
For surely, he's the one who knows
If Heat Wave or an Ice Age blows?"

"On Wednesday, when the sky is blue,
Soot, aerosols - volcanoes too;
These factors seem to me too few!
Perhaps I'll turn to Dr. Who?"

"On Thursday, when it starts to freeze,
The sun begins to seem the wheeze!
Or water vapour, clouds, and trees?
I really cannot cope with these!"

"On Friday -- "

I give up worrying and (like Pooh) enjoy myself. "Hunny!" It's Feedback time!"

My recommendation to everybody on this gloomy Monday. Thanks Pooh - you are a comfort. Philip.
(P.S. Hope you like the picture of me typing on my laptop in the top righthand corner.)

[New counter, June 19, 2006, with loss of some data]


Google
WWW EnviroSpin Watch

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?