<$BlogRSDUrl$>

A Weblog monitoring coverage of environmental issues and science in the UK media. By Professor Emeritus Philip Stott. The aim is to assess whether a subject is being fairly covered by press, radio, and television. Above all, the Weblog will focus on science, but not just on poor science. It will also bring to public notice good science that is being ignored because it may be politically inconvenient.

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

"Bless thee, Stotty! Bless thee! Thou art translated!"

My old sparring partners at The Groaniad have struck back! Well roared, Lions!

On opening the 'Environment' pages of the Society Section this merry Mid-Winter's morning, I thought I was dreaming as I confronted myself translated into the very Bard whose glorious verse I had so traduced to save the fair field of Agincourt from further despoliation by the windy French (see 'Windfarms at Agincourt? Non!' January 28, below).

Great picture, lads - a pity it's not online ("I must to the hair restorer, monsieur, for methinks I am marvellous bald about the pate.").

Still, we do have the "very tragical mirth" itself: 'Bard to worse' (scroll down). (And, of course, "Brevity is the soul of wit" - in parentheses, being the wrong play.)

For those who can face viewing the montage in the newspaper, I'm sure you will all agree that it is: "A proper man, as one shall see in a summer's day."

Stotty's Shakespeare -and, with all this 'global warming', I'm off to a bank "Where oxslips and the nodding violet grows/Despite the frost and all the snows!" Enough - too much bardinage for one day!

[New counter, June 19, 2006, with loss of some data]


Google
WWW EnviroSpin Watch

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?